Non-destructive Cable Dielectric Diagnostics Instrument
CDS (Cable Diagnostic System , German SebaKMT)
- KEPCO adopted CDS as dielectric diagnostic system on PE / XLPE insulated cables for more than 15 years
- Diagnosed with voltage DC 1kV → Non-destructive condition evaluation
※ Withstand test could damage on cable and decease cable life.
- 3 phase measurable at once
- Measurement of charging current during formation
- Extended formation voltage up to 5kV – suitable for diagnostics on HV cables
- Measure leakage current
- IRC(Isothermal Relaxation Current ) & RVM( Return Voltage Method)
- Diagnose connection between test-line to off-lined cable terminal
- - KEPCO and other industrial circuit diagnosis of over 20,000 (from 1996), accident rate is decreased
- Diagnosed over 20,000 circuits of KEPCO power networks, industrial company, etc.
Repair and maintenance follow -up
- Replacement of cable or cable cure
- CableCure is much better than replacement of cable in financially
- 2. Diagnosis cycle: Once in every 2 year > Sorting out cables that have probability of failure.